Promoting positive health and well-being through a combination of mindful exercises, activities and yoga.
As a recently qualified Mindfulness and Yoga teacher for children I am happy to be able to offer classes to help children develop positive habits to live happy, healthy and resilient lives through using the principles of yoga and mindfulness.
All yoga poses and activities we practice with children are designed for them and are also used to promote learning. With a focus on stimulating all areas of a child’s learning and development through each class, we centre around educating the whole child.
Themes we explore and incorporate in the classes are:
- Personal, social and emotional
- Communication, language and literacy
- Physical development
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Creative development
Mindfulness and yogic practices for are gaining popularity for children as they bring many benefits! Here are just a few:
- Develops awareness of emotions and breathing
- Strengthens ability to cope with stress
- Improves posture, balance, flexibility, strength and coordination
- Nurtures confidence, self-esteem and acceptance
- Cultivates a healthy habit – from a young age!
- Builds a foundation for life-long wellbeing
- Provides techniques to quiet the mind, sharpen focus and enhance concentration